The body must move, it is built too move. Restrictions in this normal movement can create minor to very serious problems. Dr. Maclean has seen this time and time again with thousands of people she has had the privilege to help over the last 22 years.
Chiropractic can restore this movement.
Subluxation is a word chiropractors use to describe the body’s restriction or fixation. This includes the joint with its cartilage, ligaments, surrounding muscles and the nerves that coordinate it all. These fixations can happen in any joint in the body.
Restriction in the vertebral motion not only causes problems locally but because of the close proximity to the spinal roots/cord. They can also have very far reaching effects: affecting any area that the nerves go; literally – everywhere.
Restrictions are not limited to the spine. The pelvis, hips and shoulders, knees and elbows, ankles and wrists, feet and hands even in the sutures of the skull are all meant to move and can experience mild or severe restrictions. They will typically cause poor function/performance, increased wear on the cartilage (arthritis), pain and swelling.
The word “chiropractic” comes from ancient Greek and means “done by hand.”
Adjustment of the joints of the body has been used in the healing arts for many centuries and is at the heart of modern chiropractic care.
Chiropractors are specialists in manual adjustment of the vertebrae of the spine and other joints of the body.
Adjusting restores the normal movement which reduces pain and inflammation, reduces muscle spasms and tension, decreases wear and tear on the cartilage (arthritis) and removes nerve irritation and interference which can improve overall health. Dr Maclean uses a wide variety of adjusting techniques targeted at restoring normal body mechanics and improving nerve function.
What To Expect
- Case history: A thorough review of your specific problem and relevant health history is taken.
- Examination: Physical tests, movements, including orthopaedic and neurological tests are done to identify the cause of the problem.
- X-ray: In certain situations, an x-ray may be used to investigate the source of your problem. This is only done if the history and exam findings warrant an x-ray and they will be taken at the hospital (covered by the health care).
- Diagnosis: Your problem will be explained in easy to understand terms. If this is a chiropractic problem, a plan of treatment will be discussed with you. If not, an appropriate referral will be made.
- Prognosis & Treatment: Dr Maclean will review with you how your problem will respond to chiropractic care, taking into consideration the cause, duration, and severity of the problem, your general health habits, occupation, stress and activity levels.
Treatments vary according to the specific problem but may include
adjustments/mobilization, muscle release technique (massage, trigger point or acupressure, PNF or ART), electrical therapy such as microcurrent, cold laser therapy, and therapeutic exercises, core stabilizing and postural corrections. Chiropractors are also trained to provide nutritional counseling, and recommend rehabilitation and injury prevention strategies.
Chiropractic works. Learn why and experience how.
Book your appointment today.